Brembo’s health service
Brembo’s plants offer a free Health Service for employees, comprised of a doctor, first aid teams and paramedical personnel. The Health Service also uses facilities external to the plant in order to look after all aspects of employees’ health in the best possible way, such as carrying out blood tests, X-rays and spirometry tests, as well as first aid in emergency situations.
The doctors and paramedical personnel are normally present in the plants during the main shift. Some plants guarantee a continuous presence across all shifts. The First Aid Team is made up of suitably trained employees and covers all the work shifts.
As well as carrying out the more institutional tasks, such as writing the health monitoring plan, the activity progress report, carrying out medical check-ups and issuing certificates of suitability to work, the Health Service also:
• participates in the assessment of risks, accidents, near misses and the identification of the relative mitigation actions, which also involves sharing the results of the monitoring activities in an anonymous form;
• visits the departments and takes part in the H&S Committees on a plant level;
• trains the First Aid teams and provides workers with support for health issues, including those not directly related to work.
Access to the Health Service is guaranteed for employees thanks to proper activity planning during working hours and information activities designed to encourage employees to use the services provided (e.g. through noticeboards, website, training courses). However, if employees have to visit external facilities, they will receive additional days off or be paid for the hours taken up by the medical visits (e.g. medical check-up during working hours). The Services is also available for any requests made directly by employees.
The General Manager periodically monitors the activities provided for by the Health Monitoring plan to make sure they are being carried out properly. This is achieved by monitoring specific KPIs, employee interviews, ensuring that employees attend their medical check-ups or undertakings, checking and filing reports written by the Health Service.
Brembo guarantees the confidentiality of the data managed by the Health Service, absorbing and applying legislation in the sector, including as regards contracts stipulated with external health services.
Lastly, Brembo also makes it easier for employees to access healthcare services outside working hours, for example:
• private health insurance for employees and their families;
• annual physical check-up;
• partial reimbursements for the use of sports centres and discounts for spas and fitness centres;
• flu vaccine;
• free Covid-19 testing;
• 24h medical advice and access to medical services.