After the 2020 slowdown due to the lockdowns implemented in various countries to combat the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic, in 2021 Brembo’s investment management policy continued in line with the guidelines followed to date, with the aim of
strengthening the Group’s presence not only in
Italy, but also
Brembo — which represents a
reliable partner for many businesses in the supply industry, with which they can develop partnerships and grow over time — has contributed to
strengthening the entrepreneurial fabric in its value chain, creating a network of satellite companies that guarantees additional employment and technological development.
The value generated and distributed by the Group had a particularly significant positive impact in those areas characterised by levels of
wealth distribution below the national average.
Contribution to developing the local intellectual capital
Investments and work opportunities created in local communities are not the only positive effects generated by Brembo in the areas in question. Indeed, the Group deems it even more important to
foster the growth of the districts’ intellectualcapital by offering its “know-how” as a resource for promoting local development through
training and partnerships with various research and education institutions.
Out of the main initiatives that demonstrate Brembo’s key role in creating and promoting knowledge and innovation on a local level, the most significant are reported below:
• The development of the innovation hub Kilometro Rosso, established on the outskirts of Bergamo, where Brembo has its roots, this district acts as a catalyst for various areas of excellence in the field of research, high-tech production and services for innovation in various sectors and areas of specialisation.
• Accademia del Freno (Brake Academy) at the Polytechnic University, a technical and scientific advanced education initiative specialising in braking systems seeks to complement the academic curriculum of Milan Polytechnic’s engineering students.
• The support to local technological institutions, important for Brembo to develop a relationship with future generations from secondary schools onwards, so as to guide and introduce the best talents to the mechanics industry.
Social and cultural development of local communities
Over the years, Brembo has established close ties to the local areas where it is present, paying attention to the needs they express, and defining a path of joint development and growth, which leads the Group to provide tangible support to numerous
projects and initiatives in favour of local communities in the areas of greatest social needs.
In order to guarantee structured and strategic management of social initiatives, the Group set up a central
Social and Cultural Sponsorships and Donations Committee. This body periodically brings together the Heads of the main corporate functions, in order to define criteria, guidelines and priorities on which to focus sponsorships and donations in the social and cultural arena, establish the annual budget set aside for these activities, evaluate projects and initiatives to support, as well as monitor the compliance and efficacy of the projects being promoted.
In particular, in 2021 the Group supported initiatives in
six areas of intervention viewed as priorities by Brembo:
• Social area and children protection
• Education, training and research
• Art and culture
• Environment and sustainability
• Brembo's social projects worldwide